Playground equipment is expensive: while that’s fine when the municipality buys it (from tax dollars), when a community organization (like a child services agency) needs to upgrade their service, the purchase of new equipment can be onerous.
Here are five ways to go about funding a major purchase using your Sellboard account:
(using playground equipment as the example)
- Engage the parents of the children in a subscription-giving campaign. Your Sellboard dashboard is ready to go to help you design an affordable subscription-giving campaign.
- Develop a one-time donation appeal – again, your Sellboard dashboard makes it a breeze to help you request fixed-amount one-time gifts.
- Develop a community-based crowd-funding campaign. Your Sellboard dashboard helps you reach out to the community – and partner with local businesses interested in your cause – to build a compelling (and immediately rewarding-to-give) campaign.
- Set-up a reverse blind auction to assure you’re getting the best possible price. Your Sellboard dashboard can help you set up a system where you invite qualified suppliers to bid on your project – assuring that you get the best price and service package (while not directly fund-raising, the cost reduction involved has the same effect)
- Use your Sellboard dashboard to set up a naming rights auction. Develop your business case, set a desired price, and set this as the reserve price in your auction. Then, identify prospective ‘acceptable’ naming partners, and invite them to bid on naming the playground.
If you’re an ED, we’d love to have a conversation with you about increasing your fundraising capacity. Please connect with us using this form: